Wednesday 12th February 2020, 9am– 12.30pm
Holiday Inn Central Park, M40 2BS
This half term, James Clements is returning to Manchester to deliver ‘Curriculum Design for Primary School English’ to MSA member schools. This half-day session will introduce some principles and practical examples of curriculum design in primary English, drawn from research and practical case studies of successful schools. The session aims to:
- help schools to consider their own principles and vision for their English Curriculum;
- give an introduction to key concepts in curriculum design;
- look at building the curriculum: content, structure and experiences;
- look at curriculum vehicles for teaching and learning in English;
- look at weaving the elements together: case studies of effective curriculum models;
- discuss curriculum planning for your school.
James is an experienced teacher, researcher and education writer who works with schools and local authorities across the UK and further afield to develop the teaching of English. James is the creator of website shakespeareandmore.com and the author of Teaching English by the Book.
This session is exclusive and FREE to MSA member schools. To book a place, please confirm the name, school and email contact of the delegate by emailing here.