MSA Offer 2020/21
We have now finalised our offer for 2020/21 and have summarised below the benefits schools that become members of the MSA receive.
- Full access to the FFT Aspire Dashboard.
All schools receive access to the FFT Aspire dashboard. Benefits of the dashboard include:
- with no national performance data available this year, FFT’s 2020 results offers schools access to important data for internal self-evaluation, estimating future progress and yearly transition
- linking to your school’s management information systems e.g. SIMs so that pupil information can be exported when they arrive at school
- providing a subject-by-subject look at future key stage performance up to five years ahead and setting challenging and realistic school targets without the need to import data
- comparing estimates of future performance across all of your key pupil groups identifying where further intervention and support may be required to improve progress and close gaps
- a unique data overview for each pupil including benchmark estimates, past attainment and progress, absence, previous schools, PP status and more
2. Full access to an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
All staff within your school will receive FREE access to an EAP. This includes:
- access to the new ‘My Healthy Advantage’ App
- a 24-hour telephone counselling and advice support service
- up to 6 structured telephone counselling sessions, per issue, for each employee and their partner, spouse and dependants
- up to 6 face to face counselling sessions, per issue for each employee
- access to extensive wellbeing resources through an online health portal
3. FREE places at (at least) 3 leadership conferences
The MSA is maintained and led by Manchester schools so aims to be responsive to current issues and relevant topics. Drawing on expertise from within the city, working with partners such as Oxford University Press and FFT and accessing keynote speakers from external organisations such as Ofsted, previous conferences and events for leaders and governors have covered Reading, Resilience, Curriculum, Working towards Excellence and Safeguarding.
4. History Leads’ Network
In partnership with the local authority, the MSA has created a History Leads’ Network aimed at primary, secondary and special schools. Meeting termly, the objective of the network is to understand the key roles, responsibilities and accountabilities of subject leaders and relate these to the latest frameworks and teaching standards. The aims of each session are working together, learning together and providing ‘down-to-earth’ practical suggestions to draw on the excellent practice in our schools. There is the potential for similar networks to be developed for other subjects further down the line.
5. Primary Science Lead Networks
Working in partnership with the University of Manchester Science & Engineering in Education Innovation Hub (SEERIH), the MSA has set-up a Manchester Science Lead Network. The aim of this 2-year cycle of activity is to provide up to date information and guidance on the teaching and assessment of primary science. This includes offering consistent, quality assured professional development and offers teachers the opportunity to learn together, reflect on practice and build relationships. There is still the opportunity to join this network and as an MSA member, schools are able to join at a subsidised cost…
6. Access to MSA facilitated strategy groups
Members have access to the Primary Strategy Group, Special School Heads Group and Safeguarding Strategy Group that all meet half-termly to work strategically towards steering education in Manchester. Members also have a voice at city-wide and national level through MSA representation on the Strategic Education Partnership Board, chaired by the LA Executive Member for schools. The MSA leads on a new headteacher buddy system, matching up new heads with existing heads in the city to provide informal support and advice. The MSA also supports the activities of the Manchester Secondary Collaborative.
All for only £1.30 per pupil! You can find a copy of the full Offer here. For any further information or if you would like to join the MSA, please contact Lisa Jones at; email@example.com