Wednesday 25th March 2020, 6-8pm,
Gorton Monastery, M12 5WF
This twilight session will support governors’/trustees’ understanding of their responsibilities for, and role in, keeping children safe. Over the 2 hours, governors will focus on the following key areas:
- the legal context for safeguarding;
- the difference between safeguarding and child protection;
- the responsibilities placed on governors/trustees through legislation, statutory guidance and inspection frameworks;
- questions to ask to evaluate safeguarding practices;
- what contributes to a vigilant culture in schools ;
- self-assessment of safeguarding policies, procedures and practices.
This event is exclusive and FREE to MSA member schools. To book a place, please provide the governors name, governors school and contact email address via email here.